Toronto Waterfront Festival hosts 10 Tall ships this weekend
Toronto Waterfront Festival – The 2019 Redpath Waterfront Festival, presented by Billy Bishop Airport drops anchor on Toronto’s waterfront for the long weekend with 10 tall ships, delicious Maritime eats and shiploads of nautical entertainment for kids of all ages.
- Saturday June 29, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday June 30, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Monday July 1, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sherbourne Common (61 Dockside Drive- Queens Quay and Lower Sherbourne)
- Sugar Beach (11 Dockside Drive- Queens Quay and Lower Jarvis)
- Harbour Square Park (25 Queens Quay W- Queens Quay and Bay)
- Bluenose II, the replica of the tall ship on our dime, docked in Toronto for the first time in over 10 years. See and tour the legendary vessel.
- Two other tall ships: Picton Castle and Denis Sullivan
- 2-day Oyster Shucking Competition, hosted by Rodney’s Oyster House with special guest Season 6 MasterChef Canada winner Jennifer Crawford. On Sunday June 30 from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., 10-12 shuckers will compete. The top shuckers will then compete in a team relay on Canada Day that will see the pros and participants from Bluenose II and Picton Castle go head to head. Jennifer Crawford and Rodney’s Eamon Clark will be available for interviews after the shows.
- Maritime Market with 15+ vendors. Indulge in lobster and crab poutine, lobster rolls, scallop and bacon pizza and oysters and discover nautical jewelry and accessories, beauty products inspired by the sea and more.
- Live entertainment at the East Coast Kitchen Party Stage from The Next Generation Leahy, Great Canadian Fiddle Show, Screeched Inn and Shreem x Celtic Remixing.
- The Royal Canadian Navy’s oldest commissioned ship, The HMCS Oriole
- Home Port Hero stories from Parks Canada and the Royal Canadian Navy to celebrate the sacrifices made by merchant sailors and shipbuilders during WWII.
- Live entertainment at the Canada D’Eh Stage from American Rogues, Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation performers including Manitou Mkwa Singers, Hoop Demonstration with Nikki Shawana and Mark LaForme Band, and the Royal Canadian Navy.
- Activities and giveaways with Redpath Sugar, Waterfront Toronto and Morning Star Farms
- Food vendors serving up delicious summertime eats.
Harbour Square Park
- S. Brig Niagara, Pride of Baltimore II, Fair Jeanne, St. Lawrence II and Playfair
- Ship Shape Obstacle Course. Pay-what-you-can to participate, proceeds will go to Toronto Search and Rescue. Ships crews will participate in relays from 11 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday and from 10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. on Canada Day.
- Sail training activities for kids at the Tall Ship Adventure Zone.
Food vendors serving up delicious summertime eats.
To learn more about the tall ships, food and entertainment at the 2019 Redpath Waterfront Festival and for festival news and updates, visit towaterfrontfest.com and follow @towaterfrontfest on Facebook and Instagram or @towaterfest on Twitter.