The iGaming industry in Canada is not quite black and white. Instead, so many ifs and buts are involved in the legal aspects that people are often unsure if they are on the right track. So, let’s make this easier for you. Online gaming is legal, but only if you use a licensed gambling site. Luckily, that should not be a hard feat as many licensed casinos and sports betting sites are available in the country. Most of these have customized their payment systems and other features to ensure they fit the Canadian market.
Now with that out of the way, here are some pros and cons of online gaming to consider.
The Bright Side
Did you know that some people eke a living from iGaming? We’re not talking about the gaming platforms or the game developers. Instead, we are talking about players who get to understand the nuances of gaming and make it big. All they do is seek the best casino site, invest in their games, learn the best strategies, manage their bankrolls, and watch the dollars start rolling in! That is one of the key benefits of iGaming – it is highly profitable to its stakeholders, including gamers like you!
But what else does this industry have to offer?
- It is Fun: iGaming, as the name suggests, is all about gaming. And while there is a money aspect, that does not supersede the entertainment aspect. Online games are a lot of fun, and you get to take a break from your everyday life and focus on light moments instead. If you are lucky enough to win, then you get a twofer. And even if you do not, it’s still a great way to relieve stress and build your cognition skills.
- It is Convenient: Before the internet, people did not enjoy as much convenience as they do now. Say, for example, that you wanted to enjoy a poker game. You need to find your friends or head to an establishment to play the game. And that required you to dress up and leave the house – not to mention the price of the commute. Who wants to do that in the snow? But now? You don’t even need to get out of bed to start playing a game. All you need is to go online, choose the game you want, and play. If you win, you can access the winnings as you can send them straight to your e-wallet or bank.
- It is Cheap: Online sites do not incur as many overheads as physical establishments, which works to your advantage. Without these costs, the iGaming sites do not need to pass down so many expenses to you. Instead, they charge you the vig (commission) for taking your wagers, and you are good to go. You can bet with only a dollar on so many sites! Besides, they also offer you tons of rewards and bonuses which further lower the costs. It’s a win-win situation for you and the gaming provider!
- It has Variety: Where else can you find a varied selection of games? It’s impossible to play all the online games as they vary in the thousands. So, you get to choose what you like and become an expert at it, enabling you to carve out a niche for yourself.
Lastly, playing online is a safe bet if anonymity is important to you. You do not run the risk of running into people at the casino. Moreover, you can use e-wallets to avoid having your bank snooping in on your recent transactions. How great is that?
The Dark Side
You have probably already heard a lot about what can go wrong when playing online. It’s important to note that most of these downsides are avoidable if you properly conduct your due diligence. That way, you can avoid getting ensnared by these common traps. What are they?
- Addiction is possible: Without a clear limit of time and money you can spend on online gaming, it’s easy to go overboard. You can avoid this by limiting yourself or using a site that allows you to cap your time and money expenditure.
- Fake sites exist: It’s always important to review possible websites before using them. Some are not what they purport to be and can make away with your money.
- Reduced socializing: iGaming boasts privacy which might be a downside for people who love interacting with others. If that’s the case, actively seek sites with social forums that can replicate offline interactions.
- Winnings processing: Some sites charge you a lot for transactions and take their time to process winnings. You should review a site’s policies before engaging with it.
All in all, iGaming is a great option for players. All you need to do is continuously do your due diligence, and your experience should be safe, fun, and profitable!