A note from Chef Schulz: Pasta is one of the easiest meals to create. Pasta is pasta, but what you combine with the pasta makes the dish. Although this is a traditional dish, I wrapped bacon around the meatballs for added taste and a boost to the traditional spaghetti and meatballs. This dish should soon become a favourite in your household for it’s simplicity and of course it’s great taste…Enjoy!
- Spaghetti Pasta (your favourite store-bought brand)
- Marinara Sauce (your favourite store-bought brand)
- 1 lb of Bacon strips
- 1/2 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/4 lb Panko, or breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese or shredded Mozzarella
- Parsley (Chopped)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
• Take a baking sheet/pan and place bacon strips on to it then place baking sheet/pan into a cold oven. Set your oven at 350˚F/176˚C and cook bacon until one side is golden brown then flip to other side until done.
Note: make sure bacon does not get crispy and hard at this point.
By cooking bacon with a cold oven to start will render out more of the bacon fat. Once cooked, place the bacon onto a paper towel to absorb the excess fat and set aside.
Making the Meatballs:
• Take a bowl, add the egg, ketchup, parmesan or mozzarella, salt/pepper to taste and mix ingredients together.
• Add the beef and pork and mix them all together. Take the meat mixture and form it into small to medium sized meatballs with your hands. Note: you can also use an ice cream scoop to form the meatballs.
• Take the flat bacon and wrap the bacon around each meatball. The best way to hold the bacon in place is to put a toothpick through it and then place it onto a clean baking pan.
• Preheat the oven at 400˚F/204˚C and bake between 18 to 25 minutes, until the meatballs are browned and cooked through out, then set aside.
• Cook the spaghetti according to manufacture package recommendation.
• Use store-bought canned spaghetti sauce of your choice. Heat the spaghetti sauce in a pot according to the manufacturer’s recommendation (in this recipe I use Marinara sauce), and set aside
• Add the cooked pasta to the sauce mixture and mix them together. Place the spaghetti on the plate and top the pasta with your bacon wrapped meatballs.
• Garnish with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese, serve and Enjoy!
Chef Stephan Schulz has launched a new recipe book through Amazon Kindle
Chef Schulz’s “My Really Simple Recipes” features 25 amazing recipes that are easy to prepare and will make your home the most popular place to be. He also features six unique pasta recipes created by his colleague and Pasta Ambassador Chef Gerado D’Amore. To purchase his new ebook from Amazon Kindle, click on this link to be taken to the kindle site:
Chef Stephan Schulz works across Canada with corporations and with food brokers developing recipes for major restaurants and restaurant chains across Canada. Follow Chef Schulz on instagram for his daily recipe and plated photo posts: https://www.instagram.com/chef_schulz an download his FREE cookbook from totimes.ca!