TORONTO, July 15, 2022 – With the August long weekend fast approaching and Canadians’ appetite for travel stronger than ever, many Ontarians are looking for ways to get away from it all and make the most of these warm summer months. This year, however, a relaxing getaway may be easier said than done. Faced with soaring gas prices, and endless airport delays, the long-haul getaway is starting to look less and less relaxing. Instead, many Canadians are looking for local options to satisfy the travel bug while offering a chance to unwind and get in touch with the great outdoors.
Luckily, the online platform Hipcamp gives Canadians the chance to book outdoor stays on private land across the country with many sites available this August long weekend including tent camping, glamping, yurts, RVs, and cabins. The best part? There are so many amazing and unique outdoor experiences available, located a short drive from Toronto. This long weekend, trade the hustle and bustle of the city centre for starry nights in the Canadian countryside.
Skip the travel headaches and book one of these amazing outdoor Ontario escapes for your August long weekend:
- Everhill Farm – Visit this picturesque river setting with kilometres of hiking trails to explore. Conveniently located a short walk away from local restaurants and amenities.
- Magic Muskoka Camping Cabin – Experience the rustic magic of Muskoka in a camping cabin and enjoy all the fun and adventure of camping without the need to pitch a tent!
- Secluded Starry Nights – Spend the weekend on a 100-acre farm with spectacular sunrise and sunset views.
- The Forest at Laurenwood Farm – Enjoy a night on this beautiful farm, with friendly goats and chickens nearby!
- Water Front Retreat – Camp at one of four waterfront campsites, complete with hiking trails and incredible fishing spots.
Learn more about Hipcamp’s unique outdoor escapes and experiences at hipcamp.com/en-CA and book the perfect long weekend getaway!