A series of lane reductions and directional closures will occur on the Gardiner Expressway for one week, beginning on Monday, April 5 and ending on Monday, April 12, to allow construction activities that will restore the roadway in the lead up to traffic resumption between Jarvis Street and Cherry Street in mid-April.
Details of the scheduled lane reductions and directional closures:
- From 8 p.m. on Monday, April 5 until 6 a.m. on Tuesday, April 6, eastbound traffic will be reduced to a single lane between Yonge Street and Cherry Street.
- From 8 p.m. on Tuesday, April 6 to 6 a.m. on Wednesday, April 7 and from 8 p.m. on Wednesday, April 7 to 6 a.m. on Thursday, April 8, there will be no eastbound travel on the Expressway between Jarvis Street and the Don Valley Parkway (DVP); eastbound traffic must exit at the off-ramp at Jarvis Street.
- During these same periods, eastbound on-ramps at Bay Street and Rees Street will also be closed. Drivers travelling eastbound should consider Lake Shore Boulevard East as an alternative. Drivers must access the DVP from Eastern Avenue.
- From 10 p.m. on Friday, April 9 until 5 a.m. on Monday, April 12, there will be no westbound travel on the Expressway from the DVP to Jarvis Street. There will be no access to the westbound on-ramp at the DVP and southbound traffic should exit at Don Roadway and Lake Shore Boulevard East. As well, there will be no access to the westbound on-ramp from Carlow Avenue and drivers travelling westbound must continue travelling on Lake Shore Boulevard East.
The eastbound on-ramp at Jarvis Street will reopen to traffic on Thursday, April 8 after being closed for rehabilitation since May of last year.
- Residents, businesses and visitors are encouraged to use the City’s web-based map to help plan their travel and avoid road closures.
- More information about the City’s planned capital construction work.