LCBO reducing store hours due to COVID-19 outbreak
LCBO reducing store hours – This evening the LCBO announced that they will be reducing their store hours across the province to 11 am to 6 pm daily beginning Thursday March 19. Their regular hours vary by location but some outlets are open 12 hours a day.
The announcement said, “We’re taking the announcement from @ONgov seriously and are taking steps to support our people and our customers. Starting Thursday March 19, all LCBO stores will open from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily. We know this is an evolving situation and will continue to keep you up to date.
Today’s announcement follows the LCBO’s Tuesday statement that “The health and well-being of LCBO customers, staff and partners is our top priority.”
The LCBO also said they are taking many additional precautions to ensure we continue to support our customers and the business.
- Further elevating our already stringent cleaning and sanitization protocols in-store;
- Advising our employees to follow the public health authorities’ guidance regarding hygiene and travel;
- Increasing accessibility of hand sanitizers for customers and employees at multiple stations within our stores;
- Have put considerations in place that protect and support our hourly employees;
- Suspending in-store tastings, LCBO and Vintages events until the end of April;
- Ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy or stay at home if they feel unwell;
- Limiting in-person meetings, cancelling or postponing large-scale events and working remotely as able.
Delivery options remain available to customers, though customers will have to follow pick up directions provided by Canada Post for home deliveries.
Stores are not accepting product returns. Customers wishing to action returns should hold on to product and receipts as all eligible returns will be honoured at a future date.
LCBO Convenience Outlets authorized to sell beverage alcohol are privately-owned and business hours may vary.
Meanwhile, the Beer Store also remains open. They say, “currently, our stores remain open for business, however it’s important that our customers be made aware of our procedures and commitment to health and safety, therefore we will provide further updates as required.”