TORONTO, ON., Aug. 31, 2020 — 3 Beach Picnic ideas — Chef’s Note: There is a story behind these three recipes. I received a request from one of my Instagram followers simply asking me for some advice on what would be appropriate for a simple brunch style snack to enjoy on the beach. Instead of giving advice, I thought that since I have not been to a beach in a very long time, so why don’t I surprise them by making and delivering the snack to them on the beach….so that is what I did. It was fun to make and the brunch was enjoyed by both friends enjoying taking in the last days of optimal beach weather. If you don’t believe me, ask them, @vhristovav and @gloriabaek.
1) Melted Cheese Croissant sandwich:
• Fresh baked croissant
• 3 ounces of sliced black forest ham
• One slice of Havarti cheese
• One slice of pineapple (or dice the slice)
• 1 ½ ounces of mayonnaise
• Teaspoon of Dijon
• Quarter teaspoon of horseradish
• Couple slices of iceberg lettuce
Grab a bowl and add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and horseradish and mix put
• Cut fresh Croissant in half and toast if desired
Black forest ham:
• Layer the black forest ham one over the other, then place a slice of Havarti cheese on top of black forest ham and place on oven sheet and then in oven. • Heat oven to 204 C (400 F) and baked until cheese melts.
To assemble croissant sandwich.
• Take the mayo Dijon mustard mixture and evenly coat both halves of the croissant.
• Place iceberg lettuce on the bottom half of the croissant.
• Set the ham and melted cheese on top of lettuce.
• Place the sliced (or diced) pineapple on top of the melted Havarti cheese.
2) The Bosom Buddy Pineapple/Watermelon Explosion
• Four slices of pineapple (sliced in quarters)
• Three slices of pineapple
• Half a lemon
• Fresh mint
• Cut watermelon into quarter slices
• Cut pineapple into thin slices
• Placed on the plate and drizzle lemon over the pineapple and watermelon
• Garnish with mint and serve.
3) A Fruitful Infused Greek yoghurt buzzing with Honey
• Mason jar
• Greek yoghurt with lemon
• 3 fresh strawberries
• Quarter cup of fresh blueberries
• Half of fresh lemon (optional 1 or 2 drops of lemon oil)
• Chocolate (liquid chocolate in bottle)
• 1 teaspoon of Black forest honey (you can also use regular Honey)
• Mix Greek yoghurt with lemon juice
• Slice strawberries in approximately three slices, keep one whole strawberry, to be placed on top of yoghurt
To assemble Greek yoghurt dessert
• Squeeze liquid chocolate on the side of the mason jar
• Add sliced strawberries into the mason jar
• Spoon in Greek yoghurt, approximately fill half the Mason Jar
• Add blueberries to the yoghurt
• Spoon in the remaining Greek yoghurt
• Add more blueberries
• Place strawberry on top and drizzled with honey and serve
Chef Stephan Schulz works across Canada with corporations and with food brokers developing recipes for major restaurants and restaurant chains across Canada. Follow Chef Schulz on instagram for his daily recipe and plated photo posts: https://www.instagram.com/chef_schulz
You might also like these simple recipes from TOTimes.ca…