Today, Mayor John Tory announced that Torontonians can stretch out the summer at nine City of Toronto outdoor pools which will stay open until Sunday, September 19.
All the City’s outdoor pools will be open this Labour Day long weekend and the nine outdoor pools that will remain open beyond Sunday, September 5 are:
- Alex Duff Memorial Pool – 779 Crawford St.
- Heron Park Community Centre – 292 Manse Rd.
- Grandravine Community Recreation Centre – 23 Grandravine Dr.
- McGregor Park Community Centre – 2231 Lawrence Ave. E.
- Monarch Park Pool – 115 Felstead Ave.
- Parkway Forest Outdoor Pool – 59 Forest Manor Rd.
- Pine Point Outdoor Pool – 15 Grierson Rd.
- Sunnyside/Gus Ryder Outdoor Pool – 1755 Lake Shore Blvd. W.
- West Mall Outdoor Pool – 380 The West Mall
These nine pools will be open for regular summer hours on Monday, September 6 (Labour Day) as well as September 7 and 8:
- 10:30 a.m. to noon for locations that offer lane swim
- Noon to 8 p.m. for leisure swim at all locations
September 9 to 18 extended summer season hours of operation:
- Weekdays 4 to 8 p.m. for leisure swim at all locations
- Weekends 10:30 a.m. to noon for locations that offer lane swim and noon to 8 p.m. for leisure swim at all locations.
On Sunday, September 19, these pools will close for the season at 4 p.m.
In order to allow for physical distancing due to COVID-19, the capacity at outdoor pools is reduced. Staff have worked closely with Toronto Public Health to meet guidelines to ensure people can swim safely at outdoor pools. When patrons visit the City’s outdoor pools they will be required to sign-in, providing their first name and an email or phone number to facilitate Toronto Public Health contact tracing, should it be required. Leisure swims will continue to be prioritized to ensure as many swimmers as possible have the opportunity to cool off. Swimmers will be limited to 45-minute sessions to allow for cleaning.
This summer, Torontonians had fun in the sun at more than 300 aquatic amenities including 140 splash pads, 93 wading pools and 59 outdoor swimming pools.
Approximately 819,000 swim reservations have been completed so far this summer and more than 36,000 accounts have been created online since June 4.
Residents with a disability or who require an accommodation will be eligible to reserve a swim spot during extended outdoor pool hours by calling or emailing the Adapted and Inclusive Services Hotline at 416-395-6128 or email@example.com between noon and 8 p.m.
Reservations for 45-minute leisure or lane swim sessions must be made in advance online. To ensure fairness, bookings are restricted to one per day, per person. A select number of spaces at each outdoor pool location will be held back to ensure swimming remains accessible to people with limited access to the Internet. These spaces are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Information on pool hours, pool locations and making a reservation is available by calling 311 or visiting online.