VAUGHAN, ON, Oct. 5, 2021 – Canada’s Wonderland just announced that this November they will once again transform into a magical, winter wonderland for WinterFest – an immersive holiday experience for the whole family.
Located just north of Toronto in the City of Vaughan, and running select dates from Nov. 13 to Dec. 31, 2021, this event features ice-skating on Snow Flake Lake, more than a dozen live shows and holiday entertainment, millions of spectacular lights, themed areas and hundreds of beautiful Christmas trees throughout the park, including two 50-foot Christmas trees on International Street.
Canada’s Wonderland is hiring for WinterFest
Ontario’s favourite amusement park is also HIRING for the event! Positions are available in entertainment, food and beverage, décor and creative services, maintenance and security. Learn more or apply today!
Here’s a snapshot of what guests can expect at this year’s WinterFest at Canada’s Wonderland:
Live Shows and Entertainment
- Cool Yule: Under a 50-foot tall Christmas tree, the cast of Cool Yule will sing your favourite holiday hits in this dazzling Christmas show. Features well-known pop songs with incredible choreography, enhanced by over-the-top lighting, special effects, and colourful costumes.
- Holly Jolly Trolley: Reminiscent of the classic cable cars of the early 20th century, the Christmas carolers performing on the Holly Jolly Trolley will spread holiday cheer with some old-fashioned fun.
- Nightly Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony: Join us each night on International Street for our joyful song-and-dance spectacular as we light our two 50 ft. tall trees. When the time arrives, the performances cue the crowd to count down the moment Snoopy and his special guests insert a giant plug into an oversized power outlet.
- The Mistletones: The Mistletones, a trio of songstresses, perform classic Christmas tunes reminiscent of the 1950s.
- A PEANUTS Guide to Christmas: Join Charlie, Lucy, and Linus in a fun-filled holiday sing-along as they get ready to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year! The PEANUTS™ gang talks about writing letters to Santa, how to give the perfect gift, their favourite holiday food, and how Christmas is so many things. While gifts are essential to all kids, the expression of love for everyone is the overriding theme.
- And much, much more, including more than 20 of our Midway Merriment characters (Jack Frost, Sugar Plum Fairy, Candy Cane), Jingle Jazz, Four Drummers Drumming,What the Dickens?, our Brass Band and Carollers!
Fun, holiday activities for the whole family
- Ice Skating on Snow Flake Lake*: Glide down the ice on the shimmering, majestic Royal Fountain, transformed for the holiday season into Snow Flake Lake. Located in front of the iconic Wonder Mountain and surrounded by beautifully lit trees and holiday light projections. All guests will require a reservation to skate, which must be made online in advance for as low as $5.
- Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen*: Just for WinterFest, Mrs. Claus has replicated her North Pole kitchen in Canada’s Wonderland. From the warm stove hearth to the sprigs of evergreens offset with bright bows, her inviting kitchen is home to her top-secret cookie recipes. Kids of all ages are welcome to decorate four of her largest sugar cookies to take home and enjoy for themselves.
- North Pole Post Office: The elves have opened up this special post office to ensure all good girls and boys have the proper means to reach Santa Claus. Pens, crayons, and paper are at the ready to make that special holiday request with a mailbox ready to accept letters for the North Pole.
- St. Nick’s Pics: Take a trip to the North Pole and see Santa in his workshop! Meet the big man in red and have your photo taken in a physically distanced setting. This activity is free, but souvenir photos are available for purchase.
- Plus more! Don’t miss our Polar Bear Party where you’ll have a chance to dance up a storm, Sally Brown’s Christmas Crafts, and Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tree Lot.
*Denotes extra charge activity.
All of the stores at Canada’s Wonderland will be transformed for the holidays into boutique venues offering holiday décor and festive souvenirs. Also returning this year is the popular Christmas Market where shoppers can find unique, artisan gifts and tasty treats.
WinterFest at Canada’s Wonderland will also have its own delectable menu of holiday fare, including savory mains, delicious desserts and irresistible snacks. Our mulled cider, gourmet hot chocolate and other delightful drinks will keep you warm all night long.
Kids and adults will enjoy spinning, whirling and swinging on more than a dozen attractions at WinterFest. Check our website for all the attractions running at this holiday event.
Tickets are on sale now. Admission to WinterFest is included for GOLD and Platinum passholders, but reservations are still required for all guests.
By Grace Peacock @GracePeacock
photos supplied by Canada’s Wonderland