Laser hair removal in Toronto is an up-and-coming treatment that has taken the spotlight among hair removal methods. This is a result of its lasting results and low maintenance. Though some may find it costly, it’s an excellent investment in yourself that can help save time from constant shaving or waxing appointments. To ensure long-lasting results and a seamless treatment process, taking the appropriate steps in pre and post-care is crucial. As a leading clinic in the industry, Toronto Laser Hair Removal ensures the best care for every patient who walks in. From underarm to Brazilian laser hair removal, we have the proper equipment and trained professionals to get you feeling your best self in your own skin.
Read more on the steps to ensure successful laser hair removal below.
Laser hair removal is a cutting-edge cosmetic procedure in which a laser is applied to the skin to target hair follicles, precisely the hair root. As a result, a few days after your appointment, you will experience hair shedding. With this elimination, you should experience minimal ingrown hair development, often none. Patients often undergo this treatment due to its precision, minimal discomfort, and ease. In 4 to 6 sessions, you should be able to see long-lasting results. Once your treatment is over, you can book for touch-up appointments or simply leave it.
Take the following steps to achieve the best results from your laser hair removal in Toronto.
Being ready for your appointment can enhance the results of your Brazilian laser hair removal appointments.
- Shaving: Ensure to shave at least 24 hours before your appointment; this way, the laser can easily access the hair follicle, which is under the skin, to achieve a better removal.
- Stay out of the sun: avoid sun exposure for 2-4 weeks before your appointment. This causes skin to get more sensitive, making you more susceptible to burns.
- No product: Avoid moisturizers, lotions, and other creams on the treated areas. Ensure clean skin to avoid irritation or sensitivity.
- Physical Activity: Avoid being active or doing anything that promotes sweating for at least 2 hours before your appointment.
- Treatments: Avoid other treatments like microdermabrasion, botox, or other injections in the treated areas, as they can promote a reaction from the skin.
After your laser hair removal appointment, it’s normal to experience redness and swelling in the area. It should go away within 48 hours. To ensure proper healing, follow these tips:
- Scratching and picking: Avoid scratching and touching the treated area, as that can cause irritation to the sensitive area.
- Sun exposure: Avoid direct sunlight for at least a week after your appointment. Sun exposure should also only be 30 minutes after those 7 days.
- Sunscreen: Apply sunscreen of at least 30 SPF daily to protect the treated area.
- Physical Activity: Avoid sweating for at least 2 hours after your appointment to avoid the persistence of redness and bumps.
Get the best results for your buck with Toronto Laser Hair Removal. Our team provides expert advice and exceptional services to help you get rid of that unwanted hair for good. As a leading laser hair removal clinic, our team is equipped with the best technology and training to provide you with the best results. Contact one of our professionals today and schedule an appointment to start your hair removal journey.