Hit enter after type your search item
Home / Toronto / Environment Canada issues Heat Warning for Toronto

Environment Canada issues Heat Warning for Toronto


TORONTO, ON., June 8, 2020 — For Tuesday Environment Canada has issued a heat warning for Toronto, as extreme heat expected for Tuesday through Wednesday late afternoon.

According to the Environment Canada warning, “A hot airmass approaching the area will bring daytime temperatures in the low thirties over the next couple of days.”

“With increasing humidity on Wednesday, humidex values are expected to creep in the mid to high thirties. Lows between 20 and 22 degrees Celsius are also expected Tuesday night,” according to Canada’s trusted weather source, Environment Canada.

The heat is expected to stick around until Wednesday evening when “Temperatures will cool off Wednesday night as Tropical Depression Cristobal approaches Ontario.”

According to Environment Canada, Toronto’s expecting to see a high of 31°C on Tuesday except it will be cooler near the lake, while the humidex it will be 38°C with a very high UV index of 10.

So if you must be standing outside at the grocery store or LCBO, it is advised to take precautions to protect against the heat and the high UV index.

Wednesday’s high is expected to be around 30 degrees celsius with a 40% chance of rain shower relief while at night it is expected to be Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms and a Low of 16, according to Environment Canada.

Heat risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.

Environment Canada says never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle and outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks in a cool place.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

You might also like these stories from TO Times…

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Pinterest
  • Reddit
This div height required for enabling the sticky sidebar