A note from Chef Schulz: In my view, everything tastes good on a pizza, everything you like that is! Pizza is also one of those food items that is internationally renowned, enjoyed pretty much in every country around the world. Who doesn’t love pizza? Here is my personal favourite pizza recipe with my favourite ingredients…capische?…Enjoy!
(Note ingredients needed depends on the size of your pizza)
• 1 Flat bread
• 4 ounces of Marinara sauce or Pizza sauce
• ½ pepper – slice in small pieces (more if you like peppers)
• 1/2 Red onion (chopped)
• 4 to 5 Green olives
• 1/4 lb sliced Pepperoni sausage
• 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
• 1/4 lb shredded Mozzarella cheese (extra if you like)
• 1/4 lb shredded Swiss Emmental cheese (also known as Emmenthaler cheese)-extra if you like.
• Handful of cherry tomatoes
Directions to assemble pizza:
• For faster preparation use pre-baked flatbread purchased from
Grocery store or bakery
• Brush flatbread with olive oil
• Bake flatbread at 425 F for five to 6 minutes (then remove from oven)
• Add pizza sauce or marinara sauce
• Add shredded Swiss Emmental cheese
• Add toppings; onions, tomatoes, peppers, pepperoni, sprinkle cherry tomatoes on the toppings.
• Chop olives in half and add to the toppings
• Top off with shredded mozzarella cheese.
• Bake at 400 F until the mozzarella is golden brown.
Chef Stephan Schulz works across Canada with corporations and with food brokers developing recipes for major restaurants and restaurant chains across Canada. Follow Chef Schulz on instagram for his daily recipe and plated photo posts: https://www.instagram.com/chef_schulz