Recipe: Persimmon and vanilla pudding with shaved chocolate truffles
A note from the chef: Persimmons are sweet, versatile fruits full of vitamins, minerals, and fibre. They are believed to promote heart health, reduce inflammation, support healthy vision and keep our digestive system healthy among many other important benefits to our bodies. These fruits are orange in colour and shaped like tomatoes. Not many know about this delicious fruit and those who do can’t get enough of it…Enjoy this recipe!
Ingredients for Persimmon and vanilla pudding with shaved chocolate truffles
• 1 large Persimmon; Peel the Persimmons and Cut with a melon Baller-gouge 5 to 6 small Persimmons balls. (To make it simpler; you can also cut the persimmons into squares).
• Truffle chocolate
• Black forest honey (regular honey can also be used).
• Crystal sugar (option)
The pudding ingredients
• 1/3 Cup of fine sugar
• 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
• 2 cups of whole milk
• Two large egg yolks (take a little bit of the milk and whisk it into the eggs).
• 2 tablespoons of soft butter
• 2 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla
• Salt, (I prefer fine Himalayan salt)
What you will need to prepare the recipe
• Two large pans
• One large bowl
• One sharp knife
• One peeler
• One melon baller
• Piping bag
• Baking Whisk
• Cutting board
• In the large pan, mix together sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk over medium heat. Stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil (about one minute) and remove from heat.
• Take half of the mixture and place it into another pan and set aside.
• With the remaining hot mixture add the egg yolks and stir gently
• Add in the 2 and ½ tablespoons of vanilla.
• Now take the mixture from the other pan and combine in as well.
• Add butter bring; mixture to a boil (constantly stir mixture for approximately one minute).
• Take the mixture and put it into a bowl, place it into the refrigerator for approximately one hour.
• Use a rectanglular plate, place the pudding into a piping bag and squeeze it onto the plate in a zigzag fashion.
Add the Persimmon balls, three on each side of the pudding.
• Shave the truffles chocolate over the putting and persimmons.
•Take a spoon and add Honey (I prefer the black forest honey).
• Serve to your guests or indulge yourself.
Recommendation: Place the serving plate into the fridge for approximately one-hour. This will keep the pudding fresh before as it is being served.
https://www.instagram.com/chef_schulzChef Stephan Schulz works across Canada with corporations and with food brokers developing recipes for major restaurants and restaurant chains across Canada. Follow Chef Schulz on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chef_schulz, for his daily recipe and plated photo posts.
You must be logged in to post a comment.