It’s International Bacon Day Sept. 5: Celebrate with this crazy bacon recipe
Recipe: The Bacon Super Sandwich
Chef’s Note; Well, I think we have all heard the saying, “When is it a good time for Bacon….Answer; Anytime!” I agree with this statement and in celebration of International Bacon Day on Saturday September 5th, 2020, I have created my homage to this delectable meat. Some countries celebrate International Bacon Day on a different month, for us, it is on September 5th. Hope you try it and like it.
• 1/2 to1 pound of bacon
• One egg
• Three slices of cheese bread
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• Three slices of cheddar cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Baking Pan-Oven
• Frying pan for oven safe frying fan
• Cutting board
• Serving plate.
• Place Bacon on a baking pan and place it in the cold oven, then turn heat on. Set oven to bake. (Tip; Having the oven cold and then building up to bake heat will relax the bacon and allow the fat to drip out, having a pre-heated oven will seal the fat within the bacon). Bake until bacon is crispy (you may have to flip the bacon strips so both sides get crispy).
• Once bacon is crispy remove from oven and place bacon on a paper towel to drain our fat.
• While Bacon is crisping, takes three slices of cheese bread, butter them and toast in oven.
• Once toasted please a slice of cheddar cheese on each and return in the oven for a few minutes until cheese starts to melt.
• Place a pot filled with water on stove. Turn the heat up to medium hot.
• (Hint) Take a smaller plate and place it into the pot of hot water.
• Take one egg, crack it and place it into boiling water, be careful do not break the egg yolk, The egg should drop into the small plate you placed into the boiling water. When egg turns white (or to your liking) it is ready to serve
To assemble your Bacon Super Sandwich:
• Place a slice of the toasted bread and melted cheese on plate and place 1/3 of all your bacon onto the bread…repeat this repeat two more times.
• Remove the boiled egg from hot water using a spoon and drain off water from spoon.
• Carefully place the egg yolk on top of your bacon sandwich and enjoy this Bacon Super Sandwich.
Chef Stephan Schulz works across Canada with corporations and with food brokers developing recipes for major restaurants and restaurant chains across Canada. Follow Chef Schulz on instagram for his daily recipe and plated photo posts: https://www.instagram.com/chef_schulz
You must be logged in to post a comment.