Orange Roughy (also known as a Red Roughy) is a deep ocean fish and is very distinctive because of its orange/red skin. In my opinion, it is a very delicious fish that provides large-flaked meat and holds together well after cooking. This recipe is very easy and simple to make as a single meal or for a family dinner. The Orange Roughy Fish fillets can be found in most seafood areas of retail food outlets.
• 3 pieces Orange Roughy FISH (store bought-frozen)• One cup of vegetable oil (you may need more)
• 2 cups of Panko (or bread crumbs)• 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour• 1 egg• 1/2 cuo of milk (of your choice)
• A pinch of Sage, or Marjoram herb• Salt and pepper (to your taste)Directions:• Defrost Orange Roughy Fish overnight (once you remove the defrosted
fish from the package, dry it off with paper towels) then set aside• Have a separate dish for each of the flour, egg and Panko flour
• In one dish mix egg and milk together and add your spices (sage or
marjoram, salt and pepper to taste) then set aside • Put Panko into another dish and set aside
Line up your dishes as follows:1; Orange Roughy Fish2; flour 3; egg4; panko
(Note: have an extra plate to place the battered Orange Roughy Fish onto the plate before Frying)
• Place and cover each fillet of the Orange Roughy Fish (both sides) with the ingredients in the dishes.
• Take a frying pan, add vegetable oil, When the oil has reached 325°C (or begins to bubble in the pan) add the breaded fillets one at a time. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.Once fish is cooked place it on to a paper towel just to drain off the excess vegetable oil. Ingredients for cranberrie Sauce:
• 2 cups of cranberries
• Half a cup of sugar-white or brown sugar• Half a cup of maple syrup
Directions:In a pot add cranberries, sugar and maple syrup and simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cranberries have burst. Set aside for a few minutes and then serve.Ingredients for mango salad:• 1 mongo
• 1/4 red onion, slice Thinly • 1/4 red pepper slice thinly • 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves • 3 tablespoon of fish sauce
• 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoon of crushed fresh peanutsDirections
• In one blow toss in mango, red onions, cilantro and red peppers and set
• In a separate bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice,
then pour over the mangos.
• Toss together all ingredients, then add peanuts over mixture.
Ready to serve
Chef Stephan Schulz works across Canada with corporations and with food brokers developing recipes for major restaurants and restaurant chains across Canada. Follow Chef Schulz on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chef_schulz, for his daily recipe and plated photo posts.