A note from the Chef: This seafood platter is served hot and cold at the same time. Although it may seem difficult, this dish is a very simple dish to prepare and serve. The Seafood platter can be prepared 30 minutes before serving; all that has to be cooked for the final touch are the pasta and fish. If you want to impress that significant other in your life, this dish will help.
• Lobster meat with claws
• Lobster tail
• Atlantic salmon
• Lobster claws
• Pacific white Shrimp
• Smoked salmon
• Olive Oil
• Chicken broth and vegetable broth (if you have).
• Fresh dill
• Parmesan cheese
• Chopped garlic
What you will need to prepare this recipe
• Frying pan
• Pot to boil pasta
• Large serving plate.
• Cook two portions of your favourite pasta, (instead of using water use chicken broth about 50% and 50% of vegetarian broth to cook your pasta)
• Once pasta is cook, drain and add into a serving dish.
The Lobster Tail
• Lobster tail; split open the lobster tail with scissors then pull out the meat but leave the tail in the end of the cavity. Place in oven for 5 to 10 minutes (depending on size of the Lobster tail). Once cooked, pull out of oven, add butter with a touch of garlic on top and place on serving dish. (heat butter with chopped chopped garlic before adding to Lobster tail).
• Scallops; dry off scallops in a paper towel (note: remove the small piece of meat that is attached to the scallops as it is very tough).
• Pre-heat a Teflon frying pan, dry off the scallops place two into pan with no butter or oil. Fry for one minute on each side, drizzle olive oil over one side, then turn scallops after a minute or so until they are slightly brown, now add butter to the pan and bath the scallops with the butter, turn the scallops until they’re a nice golden brown. Once cooked place on to the serving dish.
Chef’s Note; Why not add oil and butter at the beginning; this will evaporate the water and stop the splattering of water that is in the scallops. Remember that the scallops have a large amount of water within them.
The Lobster Claws
• Lobster claws and lobster meats; Can be bought at your local grocery store already cooked and ready to serve and can be served cold.
• Shrimp; purchase cooked shrimp. If frozen, remove them from the freezer the day before to let them slack out, then place onto the serving plate.
The Smoked Atlantic Salmon
• Sliced Atlantic smoked salmon; if frozen, remove from freezer the day before to let it slack out in the fridge, then place onto the serving plate when ready.
The Atlantic Salmon
Atlantic salmon with skin on; dry off salmon with paper towel, add olive oil and a bit of butter onto your pan. When the pan is hot place the salmon skin side down into the pan, when partially cooked (as the colour changes), turn salmon onto the flesh side. Once cooked, place it on to the plate.
Chef’s Note; Salmon can be eaten medium cooked. Once Salmon is removed from the pan it will continue to cook for a few minutes, therefore you have the best possible salmon taste when you do not over cook the salmon.
• Garnish your plate with fresh dill and slices of lemon.
Happy holidays from my family to yours…
Chef Stephan Schulz works across Canada with corporations and with food brokers developing recipes for major restaurants and restaurant chains across Canada. Follow Chef Schulz on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chef_schulz, for his daily recipe and plated photo posts.